Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mother's Day!!
Today is one of the most blessed days...I'm so blessed to be a mom to our wonderful son. My biggest dream when I was younger was that I wanted to do lots of mission trips, get married, and become a mom. I have had all three of those wonderful things happen in my life...being a mom is one of the best things ever. It's everything I ever imagined and more. The Lord has truly blessed my life with a wonderful, loving, husband and to bless me with the percious gift of my sweet, Elijah. I don't want to ever take being a mom for granted because it truly is the most amazing gift. I don't mind the poopy diapers that cover their whole backs and clothes, I don't mind being thrown up on...and it happened alot, I don't mind sleepless nights, I don't mind carring a carseat with an oxygen tank and monitors...even though I will build muscles like Popeye. I love bath times, when we wake up in the morning and Elijah is looking up at us and smiling, the family walks we go on, special trips, holding my son as my husband holds me...all these things are priceless. It's sad and special all in one when you see how fast your child is growing. You want them to stay small forever and always need you, but then there is great joy seeing them grow and watching them become their own person. I am so grateful to God that He allowed me to be Elijah's mommy, that he has kept my son in His hands and watched over him from the time he was born and will continue all through his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment