I can hardly believe that this coming Wednesday, the 17th, was my due date for Elijah. He has come so far. He is now almost 40 weeks old and is trying to learn how to take all his bottles. Micro preemies have to learn how to suck and swallow their bottles...since they came so early they aren't born with knowing how to do that. So, right now bottle feedings are what we are working on. Once he gets this down pretty well we are told we can look forward to coming home. Yay!!!
The doctors have told us that we are only a few weeks out from coming home and Mike and I can hardly wait. It's been a long road, but well worth it. The Lord has been our extrem strength and pulling us all through everything.
At home I am working on getting Elijah's room together for him. All his bedding has just came in so now we can start working on putting everything together. I can hardly believe that he will be coming home soon. :>
Elijah now weighs 6 pounds and 3 ounces. He is getting so big and no longer wears any preemie clothes and is starting to out grow some small baby clothes as well. He is so cute and smiles in his sleep all the time. We can't wait to share him with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment