Friday, July 9, 2010

Fireflies in the summer air...

Ok, yes, I know that I haven't blogged in awhile. Let me just tell you that when you have a baby your whole world changes and your either super tired or very very busy. There is no longer just "you" time anymore. I totally love my life though and would never change a thing. Elijah is the best gift ever and is my world along with Mike.
The Woodyard's have been great. It's been a very busy summer. I love the summer time!!
Eli has been doing amazing and growing oh, so, very much. The doctor appointments have slimmed down alot and we have even written some of them off the list...meaning...he doesn't have to see them anymore!! Yay!! Eli and I are both tired out of seeing the doctors.
He is totally off all the meds they discharged him home on. That was one huge goal we were working on and now we are done with those.
The Lord just blessed me so much last week when I went into Bath and Body Works and met a lady who worked there who just had her daughter discharged from the hospital. We got to talking and her baby was born at 24 weeks and she also had to deliever early due to preeclamsia. This has been such a huge answer to prayers...just having someone who has been down the preeclamsia road and delivering a micro preemie as well...they get it. No one understands when you talking about having a baby, 15 weeks early and having preeclamsia, most of the time...even if they would like to they just don't understand and they never will unless it was them or they had to go through it....which I would NEVER wish on anyone. She is a total God send. :)
I know alot of family and friends have asked if I would go into detail about my preeclamsia, hospital, weeks of bed rest, birth, and NICU experience. Our main story is...We are SO blessed to have our son, totally given to us by the Lord. It is an amazing testimony of God's love and gifts. Yes, Mike and I are actually writing his version and mine of how blessed we are and all we did go through. We have been so blessed. :) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment